|About - Join Now||Interested in membership with the RMTAO. Join Online or download our membership application here.|
For more information about joining the Registered Massage Therapists' Association of Ontario, please contact the RMTAO at 416-979-2010 or toll free at 1-800-668-2022 or download and complete the appropriate application form and fax it to 416-979-1144.
Active MembershipAny individual who holds a General or Academic Certificate of Registration with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and who is not currently suspended and has not had their registration revoked by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario is eligible to become an Active member of the RMTAO.
JOIN ONLINE - INSTANT ACCESS UPON PAYMENT
MANUAL APPLICATION - VIA MAIL/FAX
Associate Membership is open to any individual who is:
- a Registered Massage Therapist that:
- is formerly registered on a General Certificate or currently registered as inactive with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario; and
- is no longer practicing or no longer practicing in the Province of Ontario but wish to maintain a connection with the RMTAO; and
- has previously been an Active or Student member of the RMTAO within the past 12 months
- is a Member in good standing of a Regulated Health Profession and its related Professional Association or
- is a Member of another Massage Therapist Association in Canada that adheres to a requirement for 2200 hours of training or to its competency-based equivalent, or
- is an individual who is employed as an instructor , technician, teacher's assistant, clinic/outreach supervisor or administrator in a massage therapy program recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and who does not otherwise qualify for membership.
Any individual who has previously been a member of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and who has also been a member of the Registered Massage Therapists' Association of Ontario for a minimum of ten years may be eligible for Retired Membership.
Professional Liability insurance is only available to active members of the RMTAO and may be purchased at the same time in which you enrol in membership. For information on RMTAO's Professional Insurance Program, view details.
The RMTAO exists in order to advance the massage therapy profession in Ontario. Improvements in the ability of Registered Massage Therapists to provide quality care will improve the health of the people of Ontario whom the profession serves.
2943B Bloor Street West
Toll Free: 1-800-668-2022